Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 10, 2010

2010 is our year!

We have hit the ground running in 2010! I say this is our year but I know that with God on our side, every year is our year! Greg, Em'ry and I are so blessed! We truly believe that life is about whose you are and not what you are. For that reason, we are up for whatever life throws at us.

So far this year, we have spent alot of quality time together. On New Years Day, we took Em'ry to HER first movie in the theater. Greg and I took her with us last year on New Years day to see Marley and Me and she slept right through. This year, it was Em'ry's turn and we went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks the Squeakqual. She danced, laughed, pointed, and loved it. She made it through all but the last 20 minutes which I thought was amazing for a 13 month old.

Lounging around the house and watching Em'ry grow and discover is the most amazing sight! She is becoming very independent. She is walking from room to room, holding her own snacks, and wants to help change her diaper. I think its time to potty train but she's soooo little. I'm going to try to hold off until summer but it may have to take place over Spring Break. We'll see!

On Monday, Em'ry got a day with Daddy! I had to work so they met me for lunch and then headed to Greg's school for open gym. When I got home at 4 they were both napped out on the couch! What a sweet picture!

Going back to Ms. Nancy's has been a little rocky. Em'ry was excited to see her and all of her friends but she cried the first morning because she had been with Greg and I for 2 weeks straight. When I picked Em'ry up at 3, Nancy said she was concerned that Em'ry might have pick eye. We knew she had a sinus infection so we went ahead and took her to the doc that afternoon. Sure enough! So, after just one day back at the sitter she got to stay home with Daddy again. By the end of the week, Em'ry was back to her cheery self and playing hard with her friends.

We have had a relaxing weekend and are rested and ready for the week. Can't wait to see what God has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment