Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 11, 2011

We landed in paradise...

We have been talking about it for months and dreaming of the day when we would sink our toes in the sand and taste the salt of the ocean on our lips and now I'm sad to say the day has come and gone.

I'll have to split the story up because there is too much to say and too many pictures to include and although I'll do my best, I know my depiction of our vacation won't do Mexico justice. But, here we go.

We arrived at the airport early and were standing in line 2 hours prior to our departure time but the chances that we would make our flight looked grim seeing as how we were at the back of a double snaked line OUTSIDE the airport just to check our bags. So, as we waited, I did my best to manage Em'ry's, and when I say Em'ry I mean Greg's frustration. When 9:07 , our flight time, rolled around we had not even checked our bags. But, when we finally did get checked in we made the 10:20 flight and everyone was happy again.




We arrived in Cancun and it was raining. No big deal. We were staying 45 minutes south of Cancun so there was a good chance it would not be raining at our resort. Except it was! We got checked in and headed straight for the buffet because we were all starving. It was pretty clear to us that the rain wasn't going to stop and Em'ry was not at all concerned with the rain so we headed to the beach.


White sand and turquoise water will take your breath away rain or shine.



This kid isn't happy or anything is she?

The storm brought in lots of tiny seashells which Em'ry loved hunting and although I was hoping to find some huge treasure she was perfectly satisfied with the little shells which she put in her daddy's pocket so she could bring them home and put them in Franklin's tank :)
So, want seemed to be a rocky start ended with some much anticipated relaxing. Much more to come as the sun showed up on day 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment